Have you ever wondered how to clear Play Store history? We are in the middle of 2023 and, regardless of whether you have a Samsung or any other mobile, you surely use the Google app store very often.
But, every time you do a search, a record of your query is generated. If you don’t like that, it is normal for you to wonder how to delete Google Play history. Read on for all the details.
How to Clear Play Store Search?
First of all, I am going to focus on the best known record of the store. I begin by analyzing the procedure to clear the search from the Play Store.
In this way, there will be no record of the applications that you have tried to find in the store and nobody will be able to know what queries you have made in the internal search engine.
The truth is that making this record disappear is very easy. It is very similar to what you need to do in iOS to delete everything previously searched on the iPhone.
Being more specific, these are the steps you must follow to clear the history of the Play Store:
- Open the app store.
- Tap on your account icon.
- press on settings.
- Then open the section General.
- Tap on Account and device preferences.
- Finally, scroll until you find the section Record and tap on Clear device search history.
- In the popup dialog, click on Delete history to confirm.
From now on, if you tap on the search bar, all the history entries that usually appear below the text box will be gone.
Now, regarding this functionality, there is one thing that you should keep in mind. And it is that the deletion of the history applies only locally.
If your intention is to delete the Google Play history on all your devices, for example, on your mobile and tablet, you will have no choice but to follow these steps on each of them.
How to Delete the History of Installed Applications in Google Play
The Google store doesn’t just keep track of the searches you do. It also includes a section in which the apps you have installed.
Careful! We are not referring to those apps that you currently have downloaded on your phone. Rather, we are talking about all the applications that you have installed at some point, since you used your account.
These are the steps you must follow:
- Tap on your account icon, inside the Google Play Store.
- press on Manage apps and device.
- Open the tab Manage.
- Tap on the dropdown where to put installed.
- Select the option not installed.
- Now you have before you the record of the applications that you have downloaded and installed at some point with your Google account. Select all those you want to delete.
- Click on the trash can icon that you will see in the upper right corner.
It does not matter what was the first app from the Play Store that you downloaded with your account. They will all appear in this kind of download history. Fortunately, it’s very easy to make any entry in this section disappear.
How to Clear Play Store Purchase History
I’m going with the third and last history that you can delete in the Google Play Store. I am referring to the one that keeps track of the transactions you have made on the platform, both with your bank card and when buying with Google Play cards.
It is true that there are many alternatives to the Play Store. However, in all likelihood, most of the apps you have paid for were obtained from the Google platform.
Well, the company keeps track of all your purchases. You can view it in the Play Store, at Payments and subscriptions > Budget and history. Even the free downloads are displayed.
The bad news is that this record cannot be deleted. The payments you make in the store will be registered here.
On the contrary, Google also has a history of the visits you make in the Play Store that yes it can be deleted. You will find it by doing the following:
- Open your device settings.
- Go into Google.
- Tap on Manage Google account.
- Enter the tab Data and privacy.
- press on Web and App Activity.
- Click on the Google Play Store icon.
- View the history of visits and downloads.
- Delete any entry by clicking on the cross that you will see next to it.
Don’t forget that if you pause the history of Web and App Activity the company will no longer keep track of the visits you make in the Play Store or in any other application.
Clear Play Store History – Frequently Asked Questions
I have already explained to you how to delete the history of the Play Store, whether it is the search history, the downloaded applications or the browsing you do. But there are still some issues to be resolved.
In the following sections, I answer frequently asked questions that some users ask regarding these methods.
Where is the play store history located?
If you mean the search history, you will see it every time you tap on the top text box. When doing so, the previous queries appear in the form of a list.
On the contrary, the rest of the records that Google keeps are in the section Data and privacy from MyAccount. You can access this section from the browser or by touching Googlewithin the device settings.
What happens if I clear the data from Google Play services?
Clear app data Google Play Services it simply serves to free up space.
This method at no time deletes any history because most of the records are stored in the cloud. Nothing relevant happens either if you clear the data from the Play Store.
How do you delete Google history on mobile?
Google has many histories of your activity. In addition to the ones we’ve discussed here, there are three main logs you should be aware of:
- Web and App Activity. It is a very generic registry that stores all your activity, from the searches you do on the Internet, the sites you visit and the sections you enter in an application.
- location history. It is in charge of monitoring the places you visit. Needless to say, Google is very interested in this information and therefore this is a very accurate record. In fact, it allows you to know what all your movements have been by selecting a specific day.
- YouTube history. In this case, information from YouTube searches and views is used to improve the experience and recommendations.
Clearing Google history on mobile is very easy. Just go to Google > Manage Google account > Data and privacyin the phone settings.
Then delete all logs and pause one or more of them so that Google stops recording everything you do. Obviously, without this information, the company will not be able to offer you personalized content.
Without a doubt, the balance between privacy and having the best user experience is difficult to achieve. This has always happened, even in the days of Google Now.
What did you think of this content? Do you already know how to clear Play Store history? If you liked it, I thank you very much for sharing it on social networks. I’ll also wait for you in the comments section. I want to know what is your opinion about it.
Image credits: Pexels, TuAppPara