Update apps on Android It has many advantages. It allows you to have the latest innovations implemented by the developers, make errors disappear and improve the stability of the device. But do you already know how to update an app?
In this article we explain what they are all methods to know the available updates and install them on your mobile. But, in addition to telling you how applications are updated, we show you some reasons why this process can fail and their solutions.
This is one complete guide on how to update Android applications. Do not miss it!
All Methods To Update Apps On Android Phone
Here are the steps to download the latest versions of your apps on your phone. We explain how update apps with play storewithout Google Play or with the Xiaomi system application updater, among others.
And if you’re using iOS, get out of here and go to our article on how to update iphone apps.
Update Apps with the Play Store
If you wonder how to update WhatsApp, how to update Instagram or how to update YouTube, you should know that Google Play Store gives you a hand. When it comes to apps as popular as the ones mentioned above, it is best to head to the official store.
This is how easy it is to find the new versions in the Google store:
- Enter the Google Play Store.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Open the section Manage apps and device.
- Click on available updates.
- The complete list of applications ready to be updated will appear on the screen.
As you can see, the Play Store is the best app to update apps. However, it is not the only method at your disposal. Continue reading to discover others that will be useful to you at different times.
Update Android Apps Without Google Play
Update Android apps no google play store is useful in these circumstances:
- You have a mobile without Google services. Perhaps when you buy a Huawei mobile you wonder how to update an app that is not in the App Gallery. Well, the method that we quote below helps you.
- You want to download the latest version of the store.Do not forget! Updating the Play Store is possible, since it is one more program on your mobile.
- You want to get the latest update for an app that isn’t in the store. Updating your entire mobile is not easy if you install software like Snaptube, an app to download YouTube videos that is not in the Play Store.
Are you facing any of these cases? This is our recommendation:
- Go to a trusted repository, such as apk mirror.
- Type the name of the application in the search box.
- Click on the button to download the apk.
- Install the APK to implement the update.
As an alternative, it is possible to download the latest versions from the developer’s page. Without going further, Telegram or WhatsApp They offer the APK installation file on their respective official sites.
Download New System Applications
Finally, we talk about what you should do to update system apps, such such as Notes, Music or the native browser. Eye! We are not referring to how to update Android. That is a different process.
Depending on the manufacturer, you have several ways:
- With the Play Store. Most manufacturers upload their system apps to the Google store. For example, Samsung does it with the web browser included in the Galaxy.
- With the manufacturer’s installer. Specific brands implement an integrated utility in the system. The Xiaomi system application updater is a sample of this. Normally, this tool is located in the settings.
- With own stores of each manufacturer. Updating system Android apps is possible with alternative stores powered by brands like Samsung or Huawei.
Why can’t I Update the Apps?
If you can’t update apps despite these methods, something is wrong. Let’s see the most frequent problems and solutions:
You don’t have an internet connection
Don’t forget that updating apps on Android requires a download. No internet connection it is not possible to carry out this process. Connect and try again with one of the methods that we have explained above.
Try doing the following:
- Connect and disconnect WiFi.
- Try switching to mobile data.
- Reset your router.
You are downloading a version prior to the one you have installed
Depending on the route you take to update an app, there is a chance that you might mistakenly download a previous version to the one you have already installed. In that case, the system may not allow you to finish the update.
The server is down
Even when you are connected to the Internet, a failure on the remote repository server will prevent download the latest versions of your applications.
It doesn’t matter if you think about update all or just an app, like Instagram. If the web or the store does not work, you will have to wait for the service to be restored.
Application Update: Frequently Asked Questions
We close this guide with a section of frequently asked questions related to the main question of this article: how to update apps on android.
How to update an entire phone?
The applications must be updated through the store or one of the alternatives proposed here. However, for download the latest version of android You must go to the system settings.
Where can I see pending updates?
The best place is the Google Play Store, in the section Manage my apps and device that appears in your profile menu.
How to update Samsung applications?
There are two ways to do this depending on the application. Some are in the Google Play Store and therefore will update from there. Others are only found in Galaxy AppsSamsung’s own store.
How to activate automatic updates?
This is a function of the Play Store that is activated from Settings > Network preferences > Automatically update apps. In the pop-up message, select one of these two options: on any network either Wi-Fi only.
How do I update WhatsApp on my mobile?
If we focus on one of the most popular messaging platforms, WhatsApp, you will receive their updates from the Play Store. Alternatively, you have the APK of the latest version on its main web page.
Have we helped you update your Android applications? If you found this information useful, please share it with your friends on social media. Also, we are waiting for you in the comments. We want to know your opinion!
Image credits: Pexels